Yesterday Marjie kindly gave me this "Stylish Blogger" award. As I am an award free blog, I will not be passing it on, but I would like to say thank you for the thought and I suggest that those of you that have not seen Marjie’s blog take a look HERE. She is a very interesting lady who has much to write about, having 9 children and an English Mastiff.
With this award, I'm supposed to tell you 7 things about myself; normally I would not go ahead with this either, but as a one-off and because I enjoy Marjie’s blog, here goes with some boring news about me!
1) I was born in the UK, but lived for most of my life in Africa, before returning to the UK and then, of course, the Charente in France.
2) I travelled from England overland to southern Africa in a Land Rover with my parents and my brother in 1953; I have written a blog about it - see HERE
3) On leaving school, I worked in horse racing stables for 5 years.
4) I have Rhodesian colours for show jumping.
5) In 2004, I cycled for charity from Lands End to John O’Groats with a friend who only has one leg ; (1610 kms – 1000 miles). We made just over £8000 and I wrote another blog- See HERE
6) I have had some very strange pets in my life from a 12 foot long Indian python to a leopard cub, the latter brought up on the bottle from when his eyes were closed.
When I was a little younger!!
7) I love my vegetable garden and enjoy cooking and making interesting dishes from what I grow myself.